100% Pass and No-Plagiarism Guaranteed
Advise your client on the process involved in selecting a suitable contractor for the above construction project
COURSE: BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying
MODULE: Capital Works Framework
COURSEWORK TITLE: Public Procurement
COURSEWORK WEIGHTING: 40%
Description of Construction Project:
Your client, ATU Sligo, are planning a new €16m state-of-the-art Engineering Building to complete their redevelopment of the Universities campus. The project will help support ATU Sligo`s plans to increase student numbers over the next three years. The new facility will accommodate some 750 full-time students and will enable the University to support an emerging generation of engineers. The 8,250sqm building includes research facilities, offices, teaching spaces and lecture theatres. Timely delivery within cost, and quality are important for the client.
The project is currently at a very early stage in the development process and the client representative is seeking advice on aspects of project procurement.
Advise your client on the process involved in selecting a suitable contractor for the above construction project. Taking the project characteristics into account your advice should also include a recommendation of the most suitable procurement and contract strategy capable of delivering this project. Justify your recommendation with an explanation of why it is the most appropriate. State clearly any assumptions you have made. Advise your client on the process involved in selecting a suitable contractor for the above construction project. Do not describe your chosen procurement route’s features, but explain why that procurement route is the most appropriate, given the client and project characteristics.
This coursework should have a maximum of 2,000 words excluding references, figures and tables.
Coursework Duration / Submission Date Details
Students will be issued this brief on the 13th October 2022. Courseworks are to be submitted via Turnitin before 12.00 noon on the 21st November 2022.
Guidelines for the Submission of Coursework
- Marks will be awarded for the neat presentation of project work.
- This is an individual project and not a team project
- The student should keep a copy of the submitted work for reference purposes
- Marks will be deducted for late project submission (5% per working day), in accordance with Procedure No. Exam 030 Rev. 001. Application for extension of continuous assessment deadline are in accordance with Form No. Exam030_001. (Procedure and Request Form are available to download from the Examinations webpage under the Student Portal on the ATU Sligo website.)
- All courseworks will be submitted, in Microsoft Word format, through the module moodle page. Do not email courseworks directly to the lecturer
- Irish times are used for coursework submission on Moodle. It is the responsibility of the student to submit their coursework on time
- Turnitin will be used to check the originality of the coursework
- An occurrence of plagiarism constitutes academic misconduct and is dealt with according to the institute’s disciplinary procedures. Plagiarism Procedure No. Exam016 Rev No.003
- Format the references and citations according to Harvard System
- The paper must be prepared in A4 format (297x210 mm) with 25 mm margins and Times New Roman, of character size 12pt and one and a half line spacing to be used. Advise your client on the process involved in selecting a suitable contractor for the above construction project
- Text should be fully justified - straight edges on both left and right hand sides of the text
- Pages should be numbered starting with the first page of text. Cover page is not numbered
- The main body of the paper should at least contain the following subsections: Introduction, Body of the paper / Discussion, Conclusions / Recommendations, and References
- Assignment cover page should be placed at the front of your assignment. Cover page template is available on the module moodle page