100% Pass and No-Plagiarism Guaranteed
FM4.21: Understanding Procurement and Contract Management in Facilities Management
FM4.21: Understanding Procurement and Contract Management in Facilities Management
While moving towards the assignment topics in unit FM4.21: Understanding procurement and contract management in facilities management, it’s crucial to understand the notion of procurement and contract management in the sphere of the IWFM. Procurement in facility management refers to a phenomenon that makes the effectiveness of the primary activities in an organisation. The sub-factors that play a vital role in the evaluation of procurement are the trending process and leads bidding. The strategy of procurement may increase through the evaluation and surety of efficiency by contract value of money.
Procurement management in facility management is crucial because it is the bidding service for describing terms to the clients. One of the basic characteristics of procurement strategy is to make the client understand the concept of acceptable price, legal terms and optimum commercial along. To make strategic management more successful and long-lasting, careful planning is required to commence rather than going to market.
The next essential part of facility management is the system of contract management. Contract management aids in the recognition of useful suppliers as well as it makes the managers know what sort of contracts can be used again by the next suppliers. In other words, contract management is a tricky way to utilise contracts among clients. An organisation can create numerous contracts through the appropriate use of contract management. The learning outcomes of unit FM4.21: Understanding procurement and contract management in facilities management are several which include:
1. Procurement understanding
In this part of the unit, many questions are included in the assignment criteria of FM4.21: Understanding procurement and contract management in facilities management.
1.1 What are the responsibilities and rights of sellers and buyers? Describe these all aspects of procurements in the light of basic principles.
1.2 Describe the stages and processes which are used in the procurements and have a great function of facilities management that is supported by the goods and services. These functions cover the aspects;
- Provision monitoring
- Tenders issue
- Contracts awards
- Adjudication and receiving of tenders
- The decline of other bids
- Contracts start
- Define and agree with specifications and requirements
- Supply sources
1.3 Describe the bid process and tendering. Include the processes and tendering that include the following.
- Interest expressions
- The practice of spending analysis
- Analysis of market or supplier
- Tender lists which are approved
- Adjudicating criteria
- Tender invitations
- Open days suppliers
- To respond to the questions of tenderers
- Official tender’s opening
- Negotiations and presentations
- Shortlisting process
1.4 Describe the way of selecting proper contracts as well as the specification of service. The factors that have an impact on the services must be discussed are:
- Types of services and goods that are purchased by the buyers
- Output and input specification
- Purchase order
- Buy or contract
- Commodities and custom-made
- Call off contract
- Duration and value of the contract
- Forms 2005for the replacement of a contract
1.5 How should the procurement management process organise? Explain by defining the roles and responsibilities of organisation staff, for example, budget holder, specifier, buyer, and user. Moreover, the uses of power, records, and authority levels ought to be described.
1.6 Recognise the significant legislation principles that include the following notions concerning procurement and contract management.
- Sales of goods act of 1979
- OJEU Official Journal of the European Union
- OGC Office of Government Commerce
- Environmental standards
- Work rights
- Working time Instruction
- Supply of services and goods act 1982
- Terms of unfair contract 1979
2. Recognise the different kinds of contracts
2.1 Describe the various categories of contracts such as purchase orders, verbal contracts, off-call contracts, for example, framework or enabling contracts, and standard forms of industry.
2.2 Elucidate the pros and cons of the various categories of contracts for the collection of services and goods. In addition, relate the diverse contract types that are explained for the former assessment criteria of different services and goods categories.
2.3 What are the ways to choose the excellent options of procurement that ensemble the type of contract? Support the justification by using the learner’s case studies and examples.
2.4 The ways to choose the excellent type are of contract that ensembles the type of procurement. Support the justification by using the learner’s case studies and examples.
3 Recognise the procedure of terms and conditions as well as specifications of services and goods in the procurements
3.1 Describe the ways through which specifications can be drafted and utilised for the procurement of services and goods.
3.2 What are the advantages of writing specification that is defined very well?
3.3 How the typical terms and conditions can utilise in the procurement of services and goods? Explain.
3.4 Describe the pros and cons of typical terms and conditions that include the following factors, accessibility, dispute resolution, time, lucidity, and equity. Precedent and ease of management.
4 Understand the costs of procurement
4.1 What are the features that make the costs of services and goods include, including sales cost, eliminate duty, transport, labour, insurance, consumables, overheads, profits, and raw materials?
4.2 Describe what factors are considered at the time of evaluation of the procurement decision. These may include capacity, quality, time, cost, reliability, compliance, and reputation.
The topics, questions and assignment criteria of unit FM4.21: Understanding procurement and contract management in facilities management are standardised and complex to work with. As in some of the topics students have to explain their personal learning experience and case study, and the assignment will take extra-ordinary mind and effort. Many people might have their views that making an assignment on a field-relevant topic in IWFM is a piece of cake for the students. However, “things are not always what they seem” if you are a student then we can get the idea about the hassles that you have to face in your routine.
No one can contradict the significance of assignments specifically in the field of IWFM. On the other hand, students have to face many tribulations in their education. Limited time for assignments, shortest deadline, influent English, absence of ideas, vulnerable writing skills, and lack of researching skills are some concerns that are common among students. After having these issues students get the prey of awful stress because of their assigned tasks. Instead of it the students who try to prepare the assignments on their courses also have some issues with their assignments which cause marks that are lesser than their expectations.
Top Reasons to Choose Us for FM4.21: Understanding Procurement and Contract Management in Facilities Management Assignment
Although as a student you can make an assignment on the unit FM4.21: Understanding procurement and contract management in facilities management, through taking help from us you could have the assignments possessed the following perks.
- We have professional writers, who have command of writing IWFM level 3, level 4 and level 5 assignments. Moreover, the assignment writers of our website have the education of master`s and PhD in versatile areas of fields.
- Each assignment criteria of the unit is requiring the student’s own learning experience and case studies. The experience that our writers have brought them a great command in writing the assignment of unit FM4.21: Understanding procurement and contract management in facilities management. The writers have made the assignments in the field of IWEM in bulk, and due to that reason, they can make the assignment of great quality than any student.
- You might doubt other students about the revelation of your identity or the confidentiality of your work. Without any doubt, it is a perilous thing to believe any service in terms of your assignment work. But you can trust our service because the quantity of our satisfied customers is in the millions. Our astounding service has a system that vanishes your work spontaneously from the portal of our writer after the submission of it.
- Students get in a baffling situation when it comes to checking the uniqueness of their work. Nonetheless, we are providing you with assignments that are free from plagiarism.
- You might be getting surprised by knowing the fact that our writers use only authentic and genuine sources for researching the knowledge about the assignment. Our writers use sources that are famous for their authenticity throughout the world, Google scholar. JSTOR, and inspect are some examples of the websites that are used by our writers in making assignments.
- We strictly follow the deadlines that are given to us from the side of our clients. Our service does not delay the assignments of the students, even though, we also offer urgent-based services to facilitate the students.
- Our service is available in every corner of the world to provide UK-based assignments to undergraduate, master and PhD level students.
- Our non-ending helping service is available for you. Our supporting team is always there to listen to your tribulations and to facilitate you.
In the end, we can make your assignment better by adding the experience and case studies experienced by our writers that will give you more help in the assessments and exams of unit FM4.21: Understanding procurement and contract management in facilities management.