VALID THRU: 10-Dec-2023
100% Pass and No-Plagiarism Guaranteed
Identify and comment on six separate and significant outcomes or conclusions that can be derived from the rear-view mirror QFD example.
LEAN THINKING (EBUS507)
Assignment No. 1 – Lean Application Exercise
The following matrix represents a section of the application of the quality function deployment (QFD) technique to a vehicle rear-view mirror. The customer requirements are ‘easy to adjust’, ‘clear vision’, ‘easy to tell distance’ and ‘easy to clean’. These requirements are rated in terms of customer-perceived importance on a scale of 1 to 5. A scale of 1 to 5 is also used to create the customer competitive assessment. In this case ‘1’ corresponds to very bad performance and ‘5’ corresponds to a very good performance.
Technical characteristics and their relationships to customer requirements are also shown. Each technical characteristic is measureable and is an actionable translation of customer requirements. The target values for the identified technical characteristics are also provided. The design competitive assessment is similar to the customer competitive assessment. Again, a scale of 1 to 5 is used.
The following is a partial value stream map for the assembly of rear-view mirrors.
- Identify and comment on six separate and significant outcomes or conclusions that can be derived from the rear-view mirror QFD example. (20 marks)
- Complete the value stream map for the rear view mirror by calculating the takt time and the timeline. Make three separate recommendations for kaizen activities. (18 marks)
- Propose a layout design for the rear-view mirror assembly and briefly discuss how teamwork and employee involvement relate to a company’s efforts to becoming lean. (12 marks)
- Length – up to 1500 words + any illustrations
- Contribution – 50%.
- Please use “English” rather than “American English”: for example, “organize” should be “organise”, “color” should be “colour”
As there is one product the assembly line is suitable for explaining how the communication to the employees are going to make improvements
The initial phase in a QFD is to decide the market sections and ID of forthcoming clients. Then, at that point, group gathers client prerequisites for the item or administration and rate on a size of 1 to 5. With 5 being the most significant and 1 being the least. Work out the relative significance. QFD is a framework that uses client requests to meet client missions by laying out what the client needs in an assistance or item. QFD includes the development of at least one networks, called quality tables, which guarantee consumer loyalty and further developed quality services at each level of the assistance and item improvement processIt is critical for any association to comprehend their clients` prerequisites and administration assumptions as they address understood execution norms involved by the clients in the evaluation of administration and item quality. Identify and comment on six separate and significant outcomes or conclusions that can be derived from the rear-view mirror QFD example.
- A critical connection between the relative quality, as seen by the client s, and the association`s productivity has been shown.
- The amazing chances to apply QFD in assistance and business areas are quickly growing. QFD has been utilized to upgrade a wide scope of administration angles in medical services, substance, and media communications businesses as well as the commonplace item plan applications.
- Organizations should recognize the specific necessities of the clients and to quantify their fulfillment toward a Six Sigma level to get by in the current cutthroat market.
- QFD centers around planning in quality rather than (Wang, 2014)assessing in quality which diminishes improvement times, brings down startup costs, and advances the utilization of groups.
- . QFD is an arranging cycle that makes an interpretation of client needs into proper organization necessities at each stage, from exploration and item/administration advancement to designing, fabricating, promoting/deals, and circulation.
Foster connection between client prerequisites or voice of client and plan attributes or specialized necessities. Conclude your desired images to use to portray the grades you need. These ought to be predictable and straightforward. The positioning framework use is a bunch of images for solid, medium and feeble connections. Every one of the images addresses a worth of 9 for solid, 3 for medium and 1 for feeble.