You are working as a Site Engineering Technician, for a medium-sized civil engineering contractor. You have been asked to prepare a report on site operations for a medium sized project that is nearing completion. You can select a project based on your experience or a project of your interest, such as a residential or commercial office project, that meets the following requirements.
In this report, you are asked to:
● define the quality requirements for the project based on drawings and specifications;
● explore the relationship between quality and statutory requirements;
● evaluate the impact of changes in project quality necessary to meet statutory requirements;
● identify and produce a schedule of defects for the project;
● explore remedial actions to address defects;
● discuss the difference between latent and patent defects and their implication for remedial action;
● ascertain the implications of patent defects, identified through schedule of defects and construction information, for defects liability.
In addition, you are asked to review the preconstruction health & safety plan for the project and include in your report a:
● discuss the importance of construction design management and the local and national health & safety requirements for construction projects;
● evaluate the impact of health & safety violations on construction projects;
● provide examples of methods for promoting a positive approach to health & safety on site;
Finally, your report should:
● describe the methods for evaluating team member performance and recommend training and development strategies to improve performance;
● evaluate the relationship between equality and diversity and performance management;
● analyse the relationship between performance management and health & safety legislation.
Instructions and guidance to candidates
Your report should be submitted as an A4 PDF document. You are encouraged to include drawings, diagrams, charts, photos, etc. that may support the work within the report. LO1 Evaluate construction information to determine quality requirements
Note: All information sources and resources, including websites used to complete this assignment must be stated and correctly referenced in the document and/or presentation. No credit will be given for wholesale copying from information sources and checks for plagiarism may be made on your submitted work